Coalition of South Asian Film Festivals
10-03 @ 5:00 pm - 10-17 @ 8:30 pm PDT
Welcome to the Coalition of South Asian Film Festivals – CoSAFF 2020, scheduled to happen October 3-17, 2020.
Register here to get the latest updates on the film festival, lineup, programs, panels, and more! As we move closer to the festival, we’ll also keep you posted on where and how to watch films, how to access and participate in panel Q&A’s, etc.
We have a lot of wonderful films lined up available as VOD during the festival. To check out the full list of VOD films, check out our complete schedule.
Also register for individual live-streaming events. Below are the listings of some of the LIVE programs from CoSAFF:
- Oct 3: Opening Night: Mee Raqsam
- Oct 4: Kaleidoscope Stories (South Asian Diaspora Short Films)
- Oct 4: I’ll Meet You There
- Oct 5: Industry Panel: Untangling Entertainment Law
- Oct 5: Workshop: Crowdfunding to Build Independence Online
- Oct 5: The False Eye
- Oct 6: Industry Panel: Beyond Representation with South Asian Actors
- Oct 6: Gamak Ghar
- Oct 7: Pareeksha
- Oct 7: Industry Panel: Distribution In A Pandemic
- Oct 8: Maadathy: An Unfairy Tale
- Oct 8: Industry Panel: Streaming Now: South Asian Creators
- Oct 9: Industry Panel: My First Feature Film
- Oct 9: Center Piece Film: Lato Kasero
- Oct 10: Someone to Blame
- Oct 10: Celebrate the Spectrum
- Oct 11: Pride & Protest
- Oct 11: Baato
- Oct 12: Black Lives Matter, Everywhere
- Oct 13: Sthalpuran
- Oct 14: Mishing (The Apparition)
- Oct 15: Our Animated Lives (Animated Shorts Block)
- Oct 16: Made In Bangladesh
- Oct 17: Masterclass with Nandita Das
- Oct 17: Closing Night: Eeb Allay Ooo
In 2020, we were all faced with an unprecedented time during the Covid-19 pandemic. While many arts-based organizations and industries were badly impacted, seven South Asian film festivals based in the U.S. and Canada decided to unite to show solidarity.
CoSAFF is a first of its kind event that brings together seven well-established South Asian institutions from across North America. The virtual festival will feature free online film screenings along with Q&As with the creators. It will also include webinars focused on key industry topics, as well as other unique virtual events.
Participating festivals are:
- Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (TSAFF), Seattle
- Chicago South Asian Film Festival (CSAFF), Chicago
- Washington DC South Asian Film Festival (DCSAFF), Washington DC
- Mosaic International South Asian Film Festival (MISAFF), Toronto
- Nepal America International Film Festival (NAIFF), Maryland
- South Asian Film Festival of Montreal (SAFFM), Montreal
- Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival (VISAFF), Vancouver
*Note: All registrants will be added to our mailing lists. Please email us if you wish to unsubscribe.